Each year, the three colleges of the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) -- Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College -- award institutional scholarships to new, continuing, and transfer students. The scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, financial need or specific interests such as clubs, athletics, and service.
Funding for our scholarships comes from contributions to San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation which ensures that quality, affordable higher education is available to every member of our community. Visit the San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation website to learn more.
Skyline College Scholarships
Our 2021-2022 Skyline College Scholarship Application is now CLOSED.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
To view our 2021-2022 Skyline scholarships, visit our Scholarship Opportunities page.
Need help? We have several videos to help you complete your scholarship application.
2021-2022 Scholarship Awards Ceremony
You can virtually thank you donor(s) by leaving them a quick 1 minute video of your appreciation and how the scholarship(s) you were awarded will help you, click on here to see an example and get started.
To view our last year's 2020-2021 Scholarship Awards Ceremony, you may click on Student Scholarship Awards Ceremony. On behalf of Skyline College's Scholarship Committee, we thank you for applying and wish you continued success in your educational goals!
Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship
To qualify for the scholarship, students must be:
- Have a Pell-eligible EFC
- Must be less than 24 years of age
- Or enrolled at an institution of higher education at the time of his or her parents or guardians death
For purposes of the Children of Fallen Heroes Scholarship, a “public safety officer” is:
- An individual serving a public agency in an official capacity, with or without compensation, as a law enforcement officer, firefighter, or chaplain;
- An employee of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) who is performing official duties of the agency, if those official duties:
- are related to a major disaster or emergency that has been, or is later declared to exist with respect to the area under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act; and
- are determined by FEMA to be hazardous duties;
Check Children and Fallen Heros Scholarship Act for more information regarding this scholarship and to view definitions.
Additional Scholarship Resources
For more tips on searching for scholarships, please visit:
- Student must go to My AmeriCorps Website and electronically submit a request indicating Skyline College as their school.
- Student must be registered for classes in the semester they are requesting funds for.
Please note: To ensure proper and timely payment of your award, it is our practice to accept only one Americorps award request per term. Skyline College must see that you are enrolled in at least 0.5 units for the term you are requesting. If you are not enrolled, your request will be denied. Your award is then pending the release of federal funds to Skyline College.
Timeline for Americorps Scholarships
- The process may take up to 6 weeks
- Email Financial Aid Director Ariackna Soler once you complete your electronic voucher
- A check will be mailed to Skyline College's Financial Aid Office (2 weeks)
- Check requisition forwarded to Cashiers Office (2 weeks)
- A check will be mailed to student's address on file with the Admissions & Records Office (1-2 weeks)
- Please note: mailing address can be updated through your WebSMART account
Payment Schedule for Financial Aid and Other Scholarship Payments
There are two major payment days at the beginning and at the mid-point of each semester for all students eligible for payments by those dates. These are followed by secondary payment dates every week to pay students who were not previously ready for payment. For disbursement dates, please see the Financial Aid Status page.
If you have any questions, please email Financial Aid Director Ariackna Soler or call (650) 738-4350.
How do I pay for a study abroad experience?
Study abroad can seem expensive, but there are sources of financial aid available to help with the costs. Please visit the Study Abroad website for more information.