Financial Aid Workshops
Weekly Financial Aid Labs
Need assistance with getting started or completing your Financial Aid Application? Learn more information on applying for the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA), the California Dream Act Application, California College Promise Grant, and Scholarships to receive free money for college. Our weekly Financial Aid Labs are held via Zoom every Monday and Thursday. To register, please click on either day and sign up! A confirmation email will be sent to you shortly.
Financial Aid Lab Schedule
(Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023)
Don't wait and start applying!
(Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022)
- Applying for 2022-2023 (Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023) you will need 2020 tax returns
- Applying for 2021-2022 (Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022) you will need 2019 tax returns
Our lab sessions will resume on Monday, June 13th via Zoom. Days, times and Zoom link will be provided prior to the first lab session. If you need application assistance, you may contact us email here, so we may schedule an appointment for you. Must have Login Credentials and Tax Returns ready!
**Note: All lab sessions are conducted in a online group setting and are NOT individual appointments.**
Additional Financial Aid Labs offered through California Student Aid Commission Office
Unable to attend our Financial Aid lab sessions? No worries, the California Student Aid Commission Office is holding additional 2022-2023 FAFSA and California Dream Act Application assistance workshops to help you submit your application and answer any questions you may have. Don't forget to Register to attend the workshop.
Starting your FAFSA Application on the Mobile App?
You can watch a step by step video on how to complete your application by clicking here.
What do you need for the webinar?
- Your parents and your FSA ID (For FAFSA filers ONLY) or Dream Act Account (For CADAA filers)
- Driver’s License, if you have one
- Social Security Card, if you have one
- Alien Registration Card, if you have one
- ITIN, if you have one
- List of colleges you are interested in to list on the applications
- Most current bank statements
- Any records of untaxed income
- 2020 tax information (1040’s and W2’s)
- This includes your parents’ tax information if you are a dependent student.
- Not sure? Click here: Am I an independent or dependent student?
Reviewing Financial Aid Award Letters for Transfering Students
Are you transferring this year to UC, CSU or Private University and need assistance with understanding your Financial Aid award letter? Click here to view a presentation on a breakdown of how aid is determined and what certain awards means. Use Passcode 5GU*Et%O to view presentation.
New Federal Student Aid Estimator
Curious to see how much aid you may potentially be eligible for? You can now enter information via Federal Student Aid Estimator tool , to help you see what different types of aid you may be eligible for. To actually receive aid, you will still need to fill out a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application.
2021-2022 Cash for College Financial Aid Presentation
- To view our Pre-Recorded Financial Aid (FAFSA & CADAA) Zoom Workshop Presentation in English
- Coming soon! Pre-Recorded Financial Aid (FAFSA & CADAA) Zoom Workshop Presentation in Spanish
For Assistance with FAFSA/ CA Dream Act Application, please contact: