Foster Youth Success Initiative (FYSI) is a Skyline College program that supports the California Community College Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) statewide FYSI outreach and retention efforts to better serve current and former foster youth while studying at Skyline College. We recognize the significant deficit former foster youth encounter during their pursuit for higher education.
Steps to Enrollment (Student Success Support Program "SSSP")
- Read the Steps to Enrollment and Financial Aid Checklist
- Complete an Application for Admission to Skyline College
- Take Math and English Placement Tests
- Complete an in-person or online Orientation
- Schedule a Counseling appointment
- Register for classes on WebSMART
- Apply for Financial Aid - please follow the below "Steps to Applying for Financial Aid"
For more information, please visit the Admissions & Records Office
Steps to Applying for Financial Aid
- Submit a FAFSA application for financial aid
- Submit a Chafee Grant Application*, if applicable
- Obtain copy of Foster Youth Verification Letter from the County where Foster Care Services were received
- Contact Jocelyn Vila, Financial Aid Foster Youth Liaison (when emailing, please provide your name, G-Number and telephone number)
*If you are/were in foster care or another court ordered out of home placement between your 16th and 18th birthday, you may be eligible for up to $5,000 of additional grant assistance through the Chafee Grant.
Financial Aid Office, Building 2
Program Services Coordinator
Foster Youth Liaison