Overview — Why Skyline College?
- Excellent university transfer opportunities to UC and Ivy League universities.
- Guaranteed international student admission to 17 universities.
- Skyline College is one of the three colleges in the San Mateo County Community College District.
- Skyline College is situated between San Francisco and Silicon Valley with quality real-world learning, practical training, and internship opportunities.
- San Mateo Colleges are located in some of the most affluent, desirable communities in the U.S.
- Nearly $1 billion dollars were invested in new and renovated facilities in recent years.
- With a tuition of $5,088 a year, Skyline is 1/5 the cost of a public university and 1/10 the cost of a private university.
- Alumni include famous Americans and business executives.
- Small class sizes and personal attention given by award winning faculty and not teaching assistants.
- Outstanding student support services with a friendly staff dedicated to a small but growing international student population.
- Free tutoring in the Learning Center.
- State-of-the-art computer labs and spacious library with a large number of study rooms.
- Scholarships are available.
This site is translated into many languages and provides further information on our program.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- Students will know how to matriculate to a university. (ISLO: Communication)
- Demonstrate understanding of the American higher education system. (ISLO: Communication)
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) will be assessed using:
- Review of collected data, and
- Other methods
To empower and transform a global community of learners