Apply as an International Student
At Skyline College, we empower a global community of learners. That means fostering an open learning environment that welcomes a wide variety of perspectives and points of view.
Skyline College is proud to host a large group of international students from over 30 countries. Whether you are pursuing an associate degree, or looking to transfer to a 4-year university, we hope to see you on campus soon for an educational experience you will never forget.
2 Steps to Apply to Skyline College
International Students need to follow the following steps to enroll at Skyline College:
International students who wish to attend Skyline College need to complete the Skyline College Online Application.
Students can apply for the fall semester (August – December) or the spring semester (January – May).
Submit the following documents to the Skyline College International Student Program via scanned email at email@example.com, or via mail to the mailing address listed below:
- $50 Admission Application Fee: You can pay with international money order, check (payable through a U.S. branch,
or the Credit Card Application Fee Form.
NOTE: If you are paying your fee by money order or check, please mail it to the mailing address listed below.
NOTE: If you are paying your fee by credit card, please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bank Letter or Bank Statement showing funds of at least $20,268. Government sponsored students will need to provide a financial guarantee for admission purposes.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency : A minimum score or higher on any of the following examinations is required for admission: TOEFL – 480 (paper based) or 56 iBT (internet based) or IELTS Band 5.5
- Transcripts from secondary schools and colleges accompanied by English translations
- Copy of your valid passport
NOTE: Skyline College offers Peer Transfer, an easy way to send your payment in your home currency. If you would like to use Peer Transfer, please visit: peertransfer.com/school/skylinecollege.
NOTE: You will be notified of your admission to Skyline College within 5 business days of the receipt of the supporting documentation.
NOTE: If an agent, family member, or friend assisted you with this application, please submit the Release of Information Form .
NOTE: If you are a student under the age of 18, please submit the Authorization for a Minor Student Form .
SKYLINE COLLEGE MAILING ADDRESS:
Attn: International Student Program
3300 College Drive
San Bruno, CA 94066 USA
Approved High School Equivalencies
Students who are under 18 years old, who have not completed or will not complete the last year of their high school prior to their enrollment at Skyline College must submit an approved high school equivalency in order to enroll at Skyline College. Skyline College accepts the following options as an equivalent of a high school diploma:
- Certification of High School Course Completion Students in China who complete grade 11 may be eligible for admission under our high school equivalency option. The student applicant would need to submit a High School Equivalency Form which requires the signature of the high school administrator or a government authority. Students must be 16 years old.
- Students who wish to enter the San Mateo Colleges by completing the Cambridge O Levels or the IGCSE must successfully complete at least 5 courses in the O level with an IGCSE certificate. We will not accept students who take these as independent or private candidates. We must see the examination results before we can admit students but we will accept preliminary results. Once the official results are available the student must submit those to the International Students Admissions and Services office.
Transferring to Skyline College
If you are planning to transfer to Skyline College from another institution in the U.S., please follow the steps below:
- Apply to Skyline College (see the above instructions).
- Submit the Skyline acceptance letter and the F-1 Transfer In Form to the student’s previous institution and request a SEVIS transfer to Skyline College.
- The International Student Program at Skyline College will contact the student when the I-20 is transferred and ready for pick up.
If the student is planning on transferring credit hours from another institution to Skyline College, it is recommended to use the Transcript Evaluation Service (TES) within the first semester of attendance.
International students interested in taking classes at Skyline College as a guest should follow these steps: