The Library, located on the second floor of Building 5, features a wide range of research databases as well as a book collection of 50,000 volumes and subscriptions to hundreds of magazines, journals, and newspapers. Library users have access to the Peninsula Library System online catalog and the Web.
Assessment Plan for Information Literacy
By the end of their Skyline College experience, the information-literate student will be able to:
- Articulate a focused research question, topic, or information need.
- Identify a variety of types and formats of information sources and select appropriate search tools to find the needed information.
- Develop and execute an effective research strategy using a wide range of search tools, accurately interpret results, and find authoritative information pertinent to the topic.
- Evaluate the relevance, quality, authoritativeness, and credibility of information retrieved.
- Access and use information ethically and legally.
Fall / Spring Semester Hours
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 9:00pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:00pm|
|Saturday||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Monday - Thursday||8:00am - 8:00pm|