Building 2, Room 2227
Monday- Thursday 8:30 AM- 5:30 PM
Friday 8:00 AM- 12:00 PM
- Transfer Related Workshops
- Visits from university representatives
- UC Davis representatives on-campus every Tuesday (Fall and Spring semesters)
- Transfer Events
- Transfer eNews mailing list
- Transfer Admissions Guarantees (TAG’s) to four-year colleges and universities
- Transfer and articulation information
- Library of college catalogs from the California State University (CSU), University of California (UC), and Private Colleges
- Print materials (Major handouts, GE transfer requirements, and more)
- Access to use of center computers to conduct Transfer related research
Spring 2014 Upcoming Events
- Discover UC Davis- Friday, February 28
- Transfer Fair, Wednesday, March 12
- Cal State East Bay Campus Visit- Friday, March 21
- San Jose State Campus Visit- Friday, April 25
Transfer Student Mailing List
Sign-up on the Transfer Student Mailing List to be placed on the Transfer Center eNews mailing list and receive up-to-date transfer related information, including admissions policy changes, college updates, workshop schedules, and more!
Applying to UC or CSU
If you are in the process of applying to a UC or CSU, the deadline to submit your application is always scheduled one year prior to applying. For more information on how to complete the process, please visit the links listed below. Good luck!
***IF you missed a deadline, CONTACT your school of choice to see if the deadline has been extended! Sometimes colleges/ universities extend the deadline but don't notify the public right away.
- CSUmentor.edu- Applications for students interested in applying to California State Universities
- Using CSU Mentor- This Power Point will assist you in navigating the application website.
- UCapplication- Applications for students interested in applying to Universities of California (ie. UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC San Diego, UCLA etc.)
- NOTE: For UC applications a Personal Statement is required. The following list is resources you can use to help you complete your personal statement.
The Transfer Center is dedicated to assisting students achieve Transfer by connecting and providing access to the necessary tools to make transfer to another college or university happen.
We provide students connections to colleges through counseling appointments with our Transfer Counselors and College Representatives from various schools such as UC Davis, UC Berkeley, CSU East Bay, San Francisco State University and many more public, private, and out-of-state colleges and universities. We also provide students with workshops on how to research colleges and majors, how to apply, and how to prepare personal statements. And through our yearly events such as our Annual Transfer Day, which is held in the Fall semester, and our Transfer Fair, which is held in the Spring semesters, students can meet and speak with college representatives from various schools around the state and from out-of-state.
We are here to help Skyline College students accomplish their transfer related goals. And we work within the Mission of our college, which is "to empower and transform a global community of learners".
Skyline College. Your Dream. Your Goal. Your Future.
Transfer Initiative Recommendations Summary 2012-1013
Goal: To increase transfer rates at Skyline College, to be a leading Transfer Institution in the State, and work to close the transfer attainment gap among underrepresented student populations at Skyline College.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
Transfer faculty and staff have identified the following Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) for the various services provided by Transfer Center.
- Students who utilize the Transfer Center's services, events, and programs will express the ability to access and utilize new transfer information learned into their transfer planning.
[ISLO: Critical Thinking]
- Students who utilize and/ or participate in the Transfer Center's services, resources, and events will express an increased level of confidence in their transfer knowledge.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) are assessed using:
- Review of collected data, and
- Other methods
To empower and transform a global community of learners.