Where will your future take you?
Fifty-eight percent of Skyline College students hope to transfer to a four-year college or university. We know that successfully transferring is what drives many of you to attend Skyline College.
The Transfer Center is here to make the transfer process easier by providing you with the tools you’ll need to streamline your time here while making the most of your Skyline College experience. Your time is valuable, and we want you to reach your goals, so you can get in, get out, and continue your education.
What We Do:
College representatives from a variety of four-year universities like UC Davis, UC Berkeley, UCLA, CSU East Bay, San Francisco State, and other public, private and out-of-state colleges regularly visit Skyline College.
Check out our rep schedule to find out when college reps will be visiting campus.
The Transfer Center provides transfer workshops to help you navigate the application landscape, research college majors and prepare personal statements. The Center also leads annual campus tours to UC Davis, San Francisco State University, and UC Berkeley.
The Transfer Center Event Calendar is the best place to find out when workshops, rep visits, campus tours, and other events on campus are happening. The Transfer Center offers two major yearly events: Transfer Day (fall semester) and The Transfer Fair (spring semester), where students can speak with college representatives from a variety of colleges all in one location.
The Transfer Center is here to help you. Browse our library of college catalogs in-person at the Center, study up on Transfer Articulation Guarantees and Articulation Agreements to find out how you can transfer to a UC, transfer to a CSU, or transfer to a private college. You can also access the Center’s computer lab to conduct transfer related research.
Check out the news items below for the latest transfer updates and important information.
- Transfer Day, October 31, 2016 9:30 am- 12:30 pm
- Featuring over 30+ colleges and representatives for UCs, CSU, Out-of-State, and private colleges. Students will be able to visit with reps to learn about what majors, programs, and services are available at various colleges and universities in and outside of the state. (Location: Bldg. 6, Fireside Dining Room)
- CSU Fall 2017 Application Now Open (Oct. 1—Nov. 30):
- If you are planning on applying or think you qualify to apply, please visit the Transfer Center and attend one our CSU Drop-in Assistance workshops. Work with counselors to successfully navigate through the CSU online application and review your application prior to submitting it.
- GPA Calculation
- Students applying for transfer to the CSU’s will need their GPA’s calculated, please stop by the Transfer Center for assistance prior to attending a CSU drop-in workshop.
- UC Fall 2017 Application
- If you are planning on applying or think you qualify to apply to the UC’s, the application must be submitted November 1 – November 30, 2016. Please visit the Transfer Center UC application workshops to help you navigate the application.
- New Personal Insight Questions: Attend a workshop to get support with writing your personal insight questions and/or use this link to help you start the writing process
- Have you been admitted to a 4-year university?
- We want to know about it! Stop by the Transfer Center table in Building 6 or the Transfer Center to fill out a GREEN Admitted student card! You will be invited to a special Transfer Student Appreciation Dinner at the end of the semester!
- Is this your last semester?
- Check out the last semester Transfer Timeline to make sure you are on track with your next steps!