Apply to Skyline College
The ESL Connect is here to help.
Follow these steps to become a student a Skyline College. If you need any help, you can schedule an appointment with ESL Connect here.
New ESOL Students: How to Enroll
Skip "Step 2: Orientation" if you only want to take classes and are not seeking a degree or certificate
Begin your Application
Click here to create an OpenCCC account.
During this process you'll be asked for your intended major and an educational goal, along with some basic personal, educational and residency information.
After applying, you’ll receive your Student ID Number (G-Number) via email.
Skip this step if you only want to take classes and are not seeking a degree or certificate
Orientation is your chance to get to know Skyline College and the information, resources and tools you’ll need to be successful here.
You will need a computer with video & audio for the orientation.
How to Attend Orientation
- Go to WebSmart and login with your SMCCD OneLogin
- In Websmart, click the Student tab at the top of the page
- Click on & start the Student Online Orientation
- Complete each section of Orientation – keep in mind that there will be knowledge-check quizzes throughout
- You will also complete the MyMajors Assessment
Applicants who graduated from a non-US high school may be required to take a placement test in English/English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) to help determine their course placement.
Complete Your Placement Test
Questions? Email Assessment Services. Please include your first & last names and your student ID number (G#).
Meet with the ESOL counselor to help you select the right classes and map out your academic experience.
Schedule your own counseling appointment
- Login to mySMCCD Student Portal with your OneLogin.
- Click the tile "Student Success Link"
- Click "My Appointments" to schedule an appointment
Request ESL Connect to schedule your appointment
- Email Mylene Foo to request an appointment
- Include your first & last names, and your student ID number (G#) in your email
Once you’ve completed steps 1-4, you’ll be issued your registration date. Please note that you will only be able to register for classes on or after your registration date.
Register for Classes
- Login to WebSmart with your SMCCD OneLogin
- Under "Student Services", click on "Registration"
- Under Registration, click "Add/Drop Classes"
- Select a term and click "Submit"
- Under Action, click the Action that best works for you:To ADD a class enter the CRN (Course Reference Number)
- Click Submit
Class Registration Tutorials:
Translate This Page