Skip to contentSkip to top navigationSkip to switch websitesSkip to local navigation

Apply as an International Student

Apply Now!

Application to Skyline College is easy and fast! Just click on the button and follow the instructions!

Apply Now!
international students

Spring 2019 International Students Application Deadlines Extension

Out-of-Country Applicants: November 30, 2018
In-Country Applicants: January 18, 2019

Required Admission Documents

  • $50 Application Fee
  • Bank Letter or Bank Statement showing funds of at least $23,900. Government sponsored students will need to provide a financial guarantee for admission purposes.
  • Proof of English Language Proficiency: A minimum score or higher on any of the following examinations is required for admission:
  • Transcripts from secondary schools and colleges accompanied by English translations
  • Copy of your valid passport

Additional Information

Students who are under 18 years old, who have not completed or will not complete the last year of their high school prior to their enrollment at Skyline College must submit an approved high school equivalency in order to enroll at Skyline College. Skyline College accepts the following options as an equivalent of a high school diploma:

  • Certification of High School Course Completion Students in China who complete grade 11 may be eligible for admission under our high school equivalency option. The student applicant would need to submit a High School Equivalency Form   which requires the signature of the high school administrator or a government authority. Students must be 16 years old.
  • Students who wish to enter the San Mateo Colleges by completing the Cambridge O Levels or the IGCSE must successfully complete at least 5 courses in the O level with an IGCSE certificate. We will not accept students who take these as independent or private candidates. We must see the examination results before we can admit students but we will accept preliminary results. Once the official results are available the student must submit those to the International Students Admissions and Services office.

If you are planning to transfer to Skyline College from another institution in the U.S., please follow the steps below:

  1. Apply to Skyline College (see the above instructions).
  2. Submit the Skyline acceptance letter and the F-1 Transfer In Form   to the student’s previous institution and request a SEVIS transfer to Skyline College.
  3. The International Student Program at Skyline College will contact the student when the I-20 is transferred and ready for pick up.

If you plan to transfer units from another institution to Skyline College, please work with an International Student Counselor during your first semester at Skyline College.

International students interested in taking classes at Skyline College as a guest should follow these steps:

  1. Submit an Online Application through Open CCC.
  2. Submit a permission letter from the Designated School Official at the current school, allowing the student to take a course at Skyline College. Please email the scanned letter to