President's Innovation Fund
The President's Innovation Fund (PIF) is an initiative designed to support creativity and innovation at Skyline College. Faculty, Staff and Administrators are encouraged to “Dream Out Loud” and propose ideas that will support the college’s Mission - Vision - Values. The primary provider of the funds is the President’s Council, a group of dedicated community members committed to actively supporting Skyline College. The President’s Council raises financial support for the President's Innovation Fund by hosting the President's Breakfast every spring.
The San Mateo County Community College Foundation, whose mission is to promote student success and program innovation, also provides resources to support the President’s Innovation Fund through the generosity of donors. The Board of Directors is made up of dedicated community members who champion development efforts and build meaningful relationships between the colleges and the community in order to advance the mission of San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation. The experienced staff is committed to helping donors reach their philanthropic goals.
Select from the designation dropdown "Skyline College President’s Council Fund".
The President’s Innovation Fund application is now available. The deadline to submit the application is 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 28, 2022.
Don't miss this opportunity to realize your vision for these special programs, services and events!
About the President's Innovation Fund
The President's Innovation Fund provides seed money that encourages Skyline College's faculty and staff to dream out loud. The President's Innovation Fund is designed to support the college's goals and strategies:
Develop the scope, quality, accessibility and accountability of instructional and student service offerings, programs and services.
- Strategy 1.1 Innovative Programs, Services & Modes of Delivery: An innovative and comprehensive balance of programs, courses, services, and modes of delivery that meet student and community needs.
- Strategy 1.2 Student Access & Success: Student access and success through availability, quality, and assessment of support services and student learning outcomes.
- Strategy 1.3 Outreach & Responsiveness to Community Needs: Broad outreach efforts that build partnerships and respond to educational community needs.
Enhance institutional effectiveness in the planning and decision-making processes through cooperative leadership, effective communication, and shared governance.
- Strategy 2.1: Integrated Planning & Institutional Performance Measurement: An integrated planning system that responds to all stakeholders and tracks and measures college-wide performance indicators.
- Strategy 2.2: Effective Communication: Widespread, continuous and reliable communication that informs decision-making processes and ensures institutional effectiveness.
- Strategy 2.3: Safe & Secure Campus: A safe and secure environment that includes staff trained in emergency procedures.
Fulfill the college's role as a leading academic and cultural center for the community through partnerships with business, the community, and non-profit organizations.
- Strategy 3.1: Cultural Center for the Community: A position and presence in the community as a major cultural center.
- Strategy 3.2: Marketing, Outreach & Connections to Academic & Business Communities: Broad outreach and marketing efforts that incorporate continuous evaluation of community needs for comprehensive planning to build public awareness.
Provide adequate human, physical, technological and financial resources to successfully implement educational programs and student services in order to improve student learning outcomes.
- Strategy 4.1: Integrated & Evidence-based Resource Planning System: A comprehensive, integrated and evidence-based resource planning system that responds to all stakeholders and is tied to budget, program and services decisions.
- Strategy 4.2: Updated Facilities:Updated facilities that include timely replacement of equipment.
Offer faculty and staff opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Strategy 5.1: Comprehensive Staff Development Program: Unified and coordinated staff development programs that are dynamic, comprehensive and rich.