Food Pantry & Free Groceries
We are very pleased to announce that our Food Pantry has officially re‑opened!
Until further notice, our food pantry will only serve students and will operate by appointment only. Due to capacity issues, we are not able to serve community members or drop‑ins at this time.
The Wednesday Drive‑thru Grocery Distribution will continue to operate open to the public until further notice. The food pantry modality is an effort to prioritize student needs and flexibility for grocery pick-up on our campus.
Food Pantry Details
- Space is limited (please do your best to make it to your appointment)
- No ID required. A car is not required.
- Groceries will be pre-bagged (no substitutions at pick up)
- Items vary, but typically can include fruit, vegetables, canned goods, dry goods, dairy, meat and snacks (bags can be heavy)
- This will not affect your food grant or financial aid in any way
- An online order form and appointment are required (no drop‑ins)
Free Community Grocery Distribution
If you, or your family, need free groceries during this challenging time, please visit the Skyline College Drive-Thru Community Market that takes place every Wednesday, from 11:00 am to 1:00 p.m. on the Skyline College Campus through August 10, 2022. This free food distribution is a partnership between Skyline College, Second Harvest of Silicon Valley and volunteers from our local community.Skyline Drive Thru Flyer
WEDNESDAYS (at Skyline College):
|Time:||11:00 am - 1:00 pm
(Gates open 9:00am. Recommended arrival time 12:00pm)
|Address:||3300 College Dr., San Bruno, CA 94066
(Please use Skyline Blvd entrance and follow signs)
|Weather Closures:||Call 650-738-7970 the day of the event to check for weather closures|
Important Info for all Distributions
- COVID-19 guidelines will be observed
- Only Drive‑thru customers will be served and participants must remain in their cars at all times.
- This does not impact public charge
- No I.D. is required to pick up food
- We will distribute food while supplies last
Alternate Free Grocery Distributions
If Skyline College on Wednesdays does not work for you, please visit the FREE Drive‑thru Food Distribution that takes place at College of San Mateo every Friday, from 11:00 am to 1:00 p.m. You can also visit the Second Harvest Food Bank website or call the Second Harvest Food Bank food connection hotline at 1-800-984-3663 to receive information about other grocery distributions.
FRIDAYS (College of San Mateo):
|Time:||11:00 am – 1:00 pm|
|Location:||College of San Mateo|
|Address:||1700 W. Hillsdale Blvd., San Mateo, CA 94402|
Volunteering at Skyline College
The Skyline College Free Drive-thru Community Market relies on volunteer support each work. These volunteers help sign in participants, direct traffic and load boxes of groceries into the trunks of cars. If you are interested in volunteering, go to the Second Harvest Food Bank website to review details and sign up.