Meet with a Counselor
Our counselors can assist you with educational planning, academic probation/dismissal concerns, associate degree and certificate planning and application, transcript evaluations and course planning, transfer planning, and major/career exploration.
To schedule a general counseling appointment, you may select from one of the following options:
- Video appointments are held online through Zoom.
- You will need a desktop or a laptop computer works best (smartphones and tablets may work but are limited in what they provide for the appointment); a working webcam (optional); and a working microphone (required).
- This appointment will be held by phone.
- Be sure your voicemail box is not full in case we need to leave you a message when scheduling.
You will submit your question(s) using the Ask-a-Counselor form and a response will be sent to your email.Ask-a-Counselor by Email
- Drop-in counseling will be held online through Zoom.
- Drop-In Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 12pm-4pm
- The purpose of Drop-In Counseling is to answer quick questions regarding your educational plan and to handle immediate questions that impact your current classes.
- Counselors cannot do extensive evaluations; degree or certificate petitions; serve financial aid, veteran’s, academic probation/dismissal students; or extensive transfer planning.
- Zoom Password: skyline
Additional Student Support
Please email Skyline Counseling for questions regarding Skyline admissions or registration such as:
- CCC Apply (admission application)
- Registration error messages; adding/dropping classes
- Check the status of a Counseling form you submitted
Degree or Certificate Questions
- Submit a Prerequisite Equivalency Request if you can demonstrate with a college-level course (and earned with "C" grade or higher) equivalent to the prerequisite.
- Submit a Prerequisite Challenge Request if you have not met the prerequisite with a college-level course equivalent (and earned with "C" grade or higher), but you can demonstrate having met the prerequisite through other supportive documentation.
- For non-native English speakers (it is strongly recommended to meet with a Skyline Counselor): ESOL Prerequisite Challenge Process