Addiction & Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Center for Open Recovery: Champions long-term recovery by ending the stigma of addiction
- Drug Watch: Information about prescription and over-the-counter medications and drugs, including side effects
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- Stop Smoking Resource (every try counts)
- California Smokers' Helpline (COVID-19)
- Quit Services Flyer
- Eating Disorders
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA)
- Housing Insecurity & Food Instability
- 211 Information & Referral Service: 2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
- Basic Mental Health Guide for LGBTQ+ Youth: Be True and Be You
- County of San Mateo LGBTQ Commision: focused on the needs of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) community.
- It Gets Better Project: a nonprofit organization with a mission to uplift, empower, and connect lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer youth around the globe.
- LGBTQArchitect: This website will guide you through documentation for campus administrators working with LGBTQ populations. Use these documents to construct a program for yourself.
- LGBTQ+ Comprehensive Health & Well-being Guide
- LGBT National Youth Talkline: organization that provides vital peer-support, community connections and resource information to people with questions regarding sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
- Outlet: Empowers Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning (LGBTQQ+) youth (ages 10-25) and builds safe and accepting communities through support, education, and advocacy. Based in Redwood City.
- PFLAG: the nation's largest family and ally organization.
- San Mateo County Pride Center: To create a welcoming, safe, inclusive, and affirming community climate that fosters personal growth, health, and opportunities to thrive for individuals of all ages, sexual orientations, and gender identities through education, counseling, advocacy, and support.
- SFLGBTCENTER: Connects our diverse community to opportunities, resources and each other to achieve our vision of a stronger, healthier and more equitable world for LGBT people and our allies.
- The Safe Zone Project:
- Trans Lifeline: organization dedicated to improving the quality of trans lives by responding to the critical needs of our community with direct service, material support, advocacy, and education.
- Trevor Project: Leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
- Rape Trauma Services, San Mateo County
- Rape Recovery Center, San Franciso
- RAINN, Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
- American Association of Suicidology
- Know the Signs: Suicide is Preventable
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Skyline College Health & Wellness Services
- Got Anxiety: help with anxiety and depression
- Half of Us raises awareness about mental health issues among college students, and provide links to resources, including general information, personal stories, and how to help a friend in need.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- National Institute of Mental Health: transforming the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses
- Self Injury Foundation: support and education for self-injury
- ULifeline: An online resource for college mental health
- Grief/ Bereavement
- Self Injury Support & Outreach
- Make the Connection: an online resource designed to connect Veterans, their family members and friends, and other supporters with information, resources, and solutions to issues affecting their lives.
Download a list of Counseling Resources