The Library, located on the second floor of Building 5, features a book collection of approx. 50,000 volumes. Digital content includes books, magazines, newspapers, and films. The Library is a member of the Peninsula Library System (PLS) consortium which gives students and our community access to the complete PLS online catalog. As part of the Learning Commons, the Library provides spaces for collaborative learning and access to educational technology. Our workshops and special events enhance the experiences of our entire community of users.
Library Comprehensive Program Review – 2018-2019
Library Annual Program Plan – 2019-2020
Assessment Plan for Information Literacy
Updates in progress
By the end of their Skyline College experience, the information-literate student will be able to:
- Articulate a focused research question, topic, or information need.
- Identify a variety of types and formats of information sources and select appropriate search tools to find the needed information.
- Develop and execute an effective research strategy using a wide range of search tools, accurately interpret results, and find authoritative information pertinent to the topic.
- Evaluate the relevance, quality, authoritativeness, and credibility of information retrieved.
- Access and use information ethically and legally.
The Library occupies the second floor of Building 5 on campus (Driving Directions to Skyline College).