Middle College Steps to Enrollment
Middle College is a program for students who attend high schools in the South San Francisco Unified School District or for students living in San Bruno that attend high schools in the San Mateo Union High School District. YOU MUST APPLY TO MIDDLE COLLEGE FIRST, AND THEN, UPON ACCEPTANCE, APPLY TO SKYLINE COLLEGE.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2020.
STEP 1: MIDDLE COLLEGE APPLICATION
- Middle College Application: A student interested in the Middle College program must complete the "Online Application". Be sure to answer all parts of the application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Please recognize this application is separate from the Skyline College application.
- Transcript: You must include an unofficial high school transcript in the packet and a six-week or 12-week progress report (if available); you can get an unofficial transcript from the student data analyst at your high school.
- Attendance Report: You must include a high school attendance report for spring 2019 and fall 2019 semesters.
Consult the school attendance staff member to receive a copy of this report.
The application, letters of recommendation, transcript, and attendance report must be submitted to your guidance counselor.
- Writing Example: You must submit a typed 1-2 page essay, double-spaced.
- Topic: Discuss a challenge you have faced in the last 4 years. How did you overcome the difficulty or what lesson did you learn from the situation? Send the essay to Martina Center or fax to (650) 738-4373.
STEP 2: STUDENT AND PARENT/GUARDIAN INTERVIEWS
Students who successfully complete all portions of Step 1 AND pass the paper screening will be scheduled for an interview with their parents/guardians and members of the Middle College staff. The student and parents/guardians will be asked a series of questions related to the student’s commitment to the Middle College. Interviews take approximately 15 minutes. Students will be notified by email if they have been accepted into the Middle College at Skyline College program.
STEP 3: SKYLINE COLLEGE APPLICATION
Skyline College Application for Admission: Upon acceptance to the program, all Middle College students must apply for admission to Skyline College, by opening a CCC Account. *BE SURE TO CHOOSE CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT ON THE ENROLLMENT INFORMATION PAGE.* Once you have completed and submitted the application online, you will receive an email confirmation from Skyline College with your Skyline College student ID number or “G-Number,” along with information about how to access your WebSMART account. If you have previously attended or are currently attending Skyline College you do not need to reapply, but you must inform us that you have a Skyline College ID number.
STEP 4: SCHEDULING OF COURSES
Once you have completed the steps you will need to schedule an appointment with our Academic Counselor to register for both high school classes and college courses. This can be completed by contacting Martina Center-Goodman via phone or via email.