Middle College Steps to Enrollment
Middle College is a program for students who attend high schools in the South San Francisco Unified School District or for students living in San Bruno that attend high schools in the San Mateo Union High School District. YOU MUST APPLY TO MIDDLE COLLEGE FIRST AND, UPON ACCEPTANCE, APPLY TO SKYLINE COLLEGE.
STEP 1: MIDDLE COLLEGE APPLICATION
- Middle College Application: A student interested in the Middle College program must complete the Online Application. Be sure to answer all parts of the application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Please recognize this application is separate from the Skyline College application.
- Counselor's Packet: We will send your home high school counselor a link for them to complete the “Counselor’s Packet” this packet includes the following.
- Counselor Recommendation Form
- Unofficial High School Transcript
- Attendance Report
*ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR APPLICATION, WE WILL SEND YOU THE LINKS FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
3. Parent Recommendation Form
4. Teacher Recommendation Form
5. Writing Sample
All applicants must submit a 1-2 page, double-spaced writing sample. The purpose of this exercise is two-fold: to provide a writing sample so we can see your skill level, and to get to know you better. Please select a topic to write about from the prompts below.
- Describe a time when you have shown resilience, persistence, maturity, and self-direction
- Discuss a challenge you have faced in the last 4 years. How did you overcome that challenge, and/or what lesson did you learn
- 50 years from now, what will you tell people about the Covid-19 pandemic? How did you cope during this time?
STEP 2: STUDENT AND PARENT/GUARDIAN INTERVIEWS
Students who successfully complete all portions of Step 1 AND pass the paper screening will be scheduled for an interview with their parents/guardians and members of the Middle College staff. The student and parents/guardians will be asked questions related to the student’s commitment to the Middle College. Interviews take approximately 30 minutes. Students will be notified by email if they have been accepted into the Middle College at Skyline College program.
STEP 3: SKYLINE COLLEGE APPLICATION
Skyline College Application for Admission: Upon acceptance to the program, all Middle College students must apply for admission to Skyline College by opening a CCC Account. *BE SURE TO CHOOSE CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT ON THE ENROLLMENT INFORMATION PAGE.* Once you have completed and submitted the application online, you will receive an email confirmation from Skyline College with your Skyline College student ID number or “G-Number,” along with information about accessing your WebSMART account. If you have previously attended or are currently attending Skyline College, you do not need to reapply, but you must inform us that you have a Skyline College ID number.
STEP 4: SCHEDULING OF COURSES
Once you have completed the steps, you must schedule an appointment with our Academic Counselor to register for high school and college courses. This can be completed by contacting our Middle College Office Assistant, Araceli Arias via phone or via email.