Skip to contentSkip to top navigationSkip to switch websitesSkip to local navigation

Student Educational Plans

If you plan to obtain an associate degree or vocational certificate here at Skyline College, or transfer to a four-year university to complete a bachelor's degree, a Student Educational Plan (SEP) should be developed during your first semester in attendance.

An SEP outlines a personalized suggested course of study based on your major, your transfer plans and/or your school/work schedule.

How Can I Develop an SEP?

Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to develop and update their SEP each semester or when a change is made to their major, transfer goals, or other pertinent factors. 

It is very important to meet with a counselor at least once a semester to review your SEP and make modifications as needed.

You can make an appointment in Bldg. 2, at the Counseling Counter, by calling (650) 738-4318 or by stopping by the counseling office in Bldg. 2, second floor.

The best time to schedule an appointment to develop an SEP is:

  • Fall Semester: September - October
  • Spring Semester: February - March