Student Success Program
What is the Student Success Program?
The Student Success Program at Skyline College provides resources and support to assist students who are either experiencing academic difficulties or who want to improve their academic performance in college. We have dedicated counselors who provide intensive counseling support to help students develop strategies to handle the stresses of academic and personal life. We help students stay on course and successfully receive their degrees and/or transfer.
This program consists of two major steps:
In a 3-hour motivational workshop, you will learn to:
- Improve your academic record such as GPA and completion rate
- Learn strategies to improve your academic standing
- Understand the “Do’s & Don’ts” regarding dropping classes
- Understand college policies
- Learn about various college success skills such as time management and stress management
- Learn about the different counseling and career courses that promote success
- Learn about the campus resources that students can utilize such as the Career Center and SparkPoint at Skyline College Center
After the workshop, you will need to make a counseling appointment with a counselor to develop strategies to getting back to good standing and becoming a successful student. The counselor may also recommend that you submit a mid-semester progress report from your instructors so that you can better monitor your own progress and determine appropriate interventions.
How do I sign up?
You can register for a Student Success Workshop by calling the Counseling Center at 650-738-4318. You can also sign up at the Counseling Center in person in Building 2. Space may be limited.
Student Success Workshop Dates:
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Facilitator||Room|
|January 9, 2016||Saturday||10am-1pm||Maida||4301|
|January 13, 2016||Wednesday||6 - 9pm||Aricka||4301|
|January 16, 2016||Saturday||10am-1pm||Briana||6203|
|January 23, 2016||Saturday||10am-1pm||Briana||6203|
|February 10, 2016||Wednesday||6 - 9pm||Alberto||6203|
|February 17, 2016||Wednesday||6 - 9pm||Lucy||6203|
|March 12, 2016||Saturday||10am-1pm||Maida||4301|
|April 16, 2016||Saturday||10am-1pm||Bo||4301|
|May 4, 2016||Wednesday||6 - 9pm||Kim||6203|
|May 7, 2016||Saturday||10am-1pm||Aricka||6203|
|May 11, 2016||Wednesday||6 - 9pm||Alberto||6203|
All workshops are located in Building 6, Room 6203 unless indicated otherwise.