Have a question? Submit your general counseling related questions through our online
Ask a Question form.
What type of question(s) can I ask through the Ask a Question form?
Ask a Question is intended to provide students with an opportunity to ask general
questions of a counselor. Questions that require accessing a student’s account should
be addressed during a regular counseling appointment (either in-person or online).
Types of questions that CAN be asked:
- General degree, certificate, or transfer requirements
- Transferability of a Skyline College course
- Course prerequisite information
- Clarification of college procedures and policies
- Information about programs and services, including requirements
- Course offerings
- Skyline College programs (degrees and certificates)
- Applying to Skyline College
Questions that CANNOT be asked:
Any question that requires that a student enter a student account cannot be addressed
via the Ask a Counselor service, including:
- Request to clear registration blocks or holds (Contact the Office of Admissions & Records)
- Request to clear a course prerequisite (Visit the Prerequisite Equivalency webpage for information)
- Requests to evaluate transcripts (Visit the Transcript Evaluation Services (TES) service page for further information).
- Progress towards completion of Degree or Certificate Check your DegreeWorks account
(found in Websmart) or schedule a counseling appointment
- Financial Aid Inquires Visit the Financial Aid website for further information
- Career Counseling Visit the Career Center website for further information
How long will it take to receive a response?
You will receive a response to your question within three (3) working days. During
peak periods, response time may take a week. Our goal is to respond to your question
in a timely manner.
Electronic Counseling Services will be unavailable Summer 2020. Services will resume
during the second week of the Fall 2020 semester. For counseling support, please
visit the General Counseling webpage for information on how to schedule a counseling appointment or for our drop-in counseling
Submit your question