Meet with a Counselor

Our counselors can assist you with educational planning, academic probation/dismissal concerns, associate degree and certificate planning and application, transcript evaluations and course planning, transfer planning, and major/career exploration.

NEW!  To schedule a video or phone counseling appointment, students will need to access mySMCCD Portal. mySMCCD Portal is a single sign on gateway to access the online systems and services of Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College. For assistance with logging into mySMCCD Portal, see here



Contact Us


Phone: 650-738-4318

Hours: 8:00am-6:30pm (Mon-Thur) & 8:00am-12:00pm (Friday only)

To schedule a video or phone counseling appointment:

Step 1: Login to the Student Success Link, using the mySMCCD Student Portal


Step 2: Go to “My Appointments” tab

Step 3: Click on “Schedule an Appointment”

Step 4: For Appointment type, select the reason for scheduling the academic appointment

Step 5: Select desired counselor, time, and date that best fits your availability


  • For step-by-step instructions for making a counseling appointment, see the tutorial here.
  • If you need support scheduling your appointment, email Skyline Counseling

Ask-A-Counselor via Email

  • This option is ideal if you wish to email your question(s) to a counselor for a response.
  • Complete the Ask-a-Counselor form and a counselor's response will be sent back to you.
  • Responses will be answered Monday through Friday between 8:00am-5:00pm. Inquiries submitted during the weekend will be answered on Monday. 

Ask-a-Counselor by Email  

Drop-In Counseling

  • Drop-in counseling services are no longer available for Spring 2021. Please check this website for future dates when drop-in counseling will be offered. 

Additional Student Support

Registration Issues

Please email Skyline Counseling for questions regarding Skyline admissions or registration such as:

  • CCC Apply (admission application)
  • Registration error messages; adding/dropping classes
  • Check the status of a Counseling form you submitted

Degree or Certificate Questions
Prerequisite Requests
  • Submit a Prerequisite Equivalency Request if you can demonstrate with a college-level course (and earned with "C" grade or higher) equivalent to the prerequisite. 
  •  Submit a Prerequisite Challenge Request if you have not met the prerequisite with a college-level course equivalent (and earned with "C" grade or higher), but you can demonstrate having met the prerequisite through other supportive documentation.
  • For non-native English speakers (it is strongly recommended to meet with a Skyline Counselor): ESOL Prerequisite Challenge Process