Classified Professional Development
The Classified Staff Development Program is intended to provide opportunities to attend classes and workshops that will promote outstanding departments, programs and services, while fostering the creativity, personal growth and advancement of our employees.
Flex Days - April 21 (save the date)
Classified staff may attend Flex Day workshops either in person or via Zoom. The next Flex Day workshops are scheduled for April 21, 2022. There is no cost for Flex Day activities. Learn more about Flex Days.
Professional Development Academy
The San Mateo Community College District makes a variety of professional development courses available to its employees via the professional development academy. Visit the Professional Development Academy for more details.
Eligibility and Funds for External Professional Development
- Permanent Classified employees, who have completed the required probationary period.
- Maximum of $1000 per conference/workshop/training per fiscal year.
- Application is used for workshops, conferences, or trainings (online or in person).
- Pre-Approval form must be signed by the division dean.
- Questions? Contact Judy Hutchinson (a replacement for Scott Mansfield is TBA).
Application - Two Steps
- Complete Conference Attendance Pre-Approval Form
- Have it signed by your division Dean.
- Attach any pertinent documentation.
- Allow 10 days for in-state conferences and 21 days for out-of-state.
- Digitally sign and submit the Application for CSD Funds for Conference/Workshops/Trainings to your Immediate Supervisor and the Division Dean for approval and signatures.
Submit a CTTL Workshop Proposal
CTTL hosts workshops presented by Skyline College faculty and staff.
- Consider Skyline College goals and initiatives.
- Complete the CTTL Workshop Proposal Form (button on right).
- Dr. Bianca Rowden-Quince, Professional Development Coordinator, will be in touch with you.