When attempting to register for classes, students may find that they are blocked from registration. Registration could be prohibited due to various reasons. Please review the below circumstances and possible solutions.
Students who have been away from the campus for 3 or more semesters
- Re-submit a Skyline College application. “Recover Account” information option at CCCApply can be used to retrieve forgotten username and password.
- Students who have been away for more than 3 years also need to complete the Skyline College Orientation (In-Person or Online). While we recognize that you have completed orientation when you first started Skyline College, there have been many changes to college policies, placement information, etc. Confirming that that you have the most up-to-date information available ensures your academic success.
WebSMART Registration Error Messages
- “You do not meet the prerequisite for this course”
Receiving this message means that you have not demonstrated that you have met the prerequisite for the course you are attempting to register for. Please visit the Prerequisite Equivalency webpage for instructions on how to clear this registration hold.
- “Repeat Count Exceeded”
Receiving this message means that you are attempting to take a class for which you have exceeded the registration limit (for most classes, the limit is 3 attempts) or you are attempting to register for a class that you have already successfully completed (with a grade of “C” or better). The system will not allow you to repeat the course. Please complete the Course Repetition Request Form and obtain the Dean of Counseling signature.
Receiving this message means that you are attempting to register for a class that requires another class to be taken at the same time. When registering for a class with a co-requisite, you must enter the CRN (Course Reference Number) for both courses at the same time in the boxes provided at the time of registration.
- “Special Program Restriction” or “Cohort Restriction”
Receiving this message means that you are attempting to register for a course that is linked to one of our Special Programs. If you are interested in registering for any of the following special program, please contact the appropriate department:
- “Registration Add Authorization Code”
Receiving this message means that you are trying to register for a course after the start of the class. To register for a course after the enrollment period, you will need to get an authorization code from the class instructor. To get an authorization code, go directly to the class (or email the professor if you are attempting to register for an online course), and ask the professor if they have room to add you to the class. If the professor agrees to add you to the class, they will provide you with a six-digit authorization code. You will need to enter the authorization code, along with the course five-digit CRN (Course Reference Number) into WebSMART (the CRN is found on the class schedule below the course title).
If you are still unable to clear your registration issue, please contact the Office of Admissions & Records online or call (650) 738-4251.