Associate Degrees for Transfer
The Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or the Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degrees provide a guaranteed pathway into the California State University system and are intended for students who plan to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major at a CSU campus.
Students awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with Junior standing in the CSU system and are given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or campuses.
What AA-T and AS-T degrees does Skyline College offer?
Skyline College offers the following AA-T and AS-T degree requirement handouts. Some degrees have a downloadable handout to help you determine if the degree is right for you.
- Administration of Justice
- Art History
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Teacher Education
- Kinesiology (for students with catalog rights Fall 2014 and thereafter)
- Kinesiology (Fall 2017 and thereafter)
- Studio Art
What are the benefits to earning an AA-T or AS-T degree?
- Guaranteed admission with Junior standing to the CSU system (admission is not guaranteed to a particular campus or major)
- Students are given priority admission consideration for their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to a student’s community college major (This priority does not guarantee admissions to a specific major or campus)
- Students are required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a Bachelor’s Degree (unless the major is a designated “high-unit” major).
Who may not benefit from earning this degree?
This degree may not be the best option for students who only wish to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with their Skyline College counselor to help them plan for their degree and transfer.
What are the requirements to earn an AA-T or AS-T Degree?
To earn an AA-T or AS-T degree, a student must:
- Complete the CSU General Education Requirements or IGETC (CSU)
- Complete the required major requirements for the AA-T or AS-T major (a minimum 18 units in an “AA-T” or “AS-T” major as detailed in the Skyline College catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better or a “P” if the course is taken on a “pass-no pass” basis (Title 5 § 55063))
- Complete 60 CSU transferable units (including the General Education and major requirements)
ADegreeWithAGuarantee.org is a collaboration between the California Community Colleges and the California State University (CSU) system, and is a student-friendly workshop that provides detailed information about the new Associate Degrees for Transfer (AD-T), including detailed information about the programs, resources, and contacts.